Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Valentine Craft--Fun and vintage!

Hello and Happy New Year!  If you came here from the website,
look on the sidebar for anything you might be interested in or
scroll and enjoy.  I found the cutest craft on Vintage Finds and
wanted to share it with you.  Vintage things are so fun to make
and display.  I cut 1" by 12" pieces of sheet music (found it on
Ebay), stapled the ends, bent it into a point, punched 4 holes
and ran jute twine through the holes.  I plan to hang it on a
sofa table that is decorated for Valentine's Day at the store.
Hopefully the pictures and tutorial below will be easy to follow.


After stapling the end, I bent it to get  the point.  The one on the left shows the stapling.  The one on
the right is after stapling.   


Now take the top side and bend to get your heart shape.  After you do, staple it about where you are
holding it (like in this picture).
 
 
Now that you've got your heart shape and stapled to hold it, punch a hole on the left side, two in
the middle by your staple (if you hold it together, one punch will give you two holes), and one
hole on the right side.  As I said, I used jute twine but here I'm using ribbon so you can see it
and get a better idea of how to place your holes and run the twine ( or ribbon) through them.
This is just a shot from the side to give you an idea of hole and ribbon placement. 
 
I hope you enjoy doing these.  I plan to make a banner from
sheet music.  I'll share it with you when I get it made.  If
you like antiques and vintage check out the website above.
You'll like it, I think.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to order anything I will contact you if you leave contact info. My comments are not published until I moderate them so I will not put your private info in the comment section.