Friday, January 3, 2014

Getting there...gonna change the color!

Happy Friday!  The weekend is here.  I'm looking forward to a normal week next week.  With
holidays in the middle of the week it seems to confuse my simple mind.  It feels like we just had
a weekend with New Year's Eve and New Year's Day and now it's Friday...again.  I like routine--how about you? 

The desk is coming along, in case there were one or two of you who were wondering.  I figured out this morning what it was that I wasn't pleased with--it's not the bright white I had envisioned in my mind.  When my sweet husband went to buy the paint, they were out of "Pure White" and they told him
NOBODY buys Pure White, so I probably really wanted "Old White".  Which is what he got after asking me.  This morning I called and they have received 8 quarts of Pure White, so apparently
SOMEBODY buys it or they wouldn't have ordered it.  I'm thinking they probably just wanted a sale since they were out of my preferred color.  Anyway, their little ploy worked because I'm going to get a quart of Pure White (when my budget allows) and finish my project.  No work on it today because my girls and I spent lunchtime and the afternoon out shopping and having fun. 

 
So obviously, the Old White will be the primer--expensive primer :(.



Here is another display from the store.  The stack boxes on the left were featured
here.  If you want a closer look, just click on 'here'.  They're decorative and make good storage if you're like me and sometimes need somewhere to store,  hmm....junk. :)


Next week, I'll have a couple of tutorials on fun things to make.
And just to end our visits this week, I'll leave you with some birdie happiness.  Have a great weekend, and visit with you on Monday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to order anything I will contact you if you leave contact info. My comments are not published until I moderate them so I will not put your private info in the comment section.