Thursday, January 2, 2014

Oopsie...!

Well.   Have you ever taken on a project and then realized maybe it was just a little more
than your ability to do?  Or am I the only one?  Please tell me you have, too. 

I was feeling like today was the day to tackle the redo on the secretary desk I had planned to transform.  My dear husband bought me a quart of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and I had dreams.
Which became a nightmare.  I have previously redone a piece using another color of chalk paint so
I supposed that made me a chalk paint expert.  Nope. 

 The project,


 Annie Sloan paint claims to cover anything--without sanding.  We'll see.

Interesting cubbies to paint.  To say the least :).

I didn't think about the fact that the piece I had already done was a newer piece of furniture.  Old
furniture is thirsty and likes to soak up paint.  A lot of paint.  By the second coat I was thinking I had made a bad miscalculation.  And I was feeling pretty discouraged. 




 
 
We are now on our third coat and I am feeling somewhat hopeful that this may come out like I envisioned it.  Or maybe close.  These cubbies are still not what I want them to be.  And I may have
to live with it since the desk will stay closed.  I really don't want to go and buy a second quart--not at $38.  I'm going to let the desk rest for a while and rehydrate :).  I am hoping that the rest will be easier and faster.  But, as I said, I am feeling like maybe this just might work.  I'll let you know.

Let's close this visit with a picture from the store.  I love these blocks and think it's fun that it has a votive holder at the end.  Have a great Thursday and maybe my new, beautiful desk and I will see you tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to order anything I will contact you if you leave contact info. My comments are not published until I moderate them so I will not put your private info in the comment section.