Friday, January 24, 2014

Valentine Banner

Happy Friday--the weekend is almost here!

A good way to stay busy while it is cold is to do some crafting.  We have been staying
in a lot lately so by the end of the day, we are done with our work and ready to do
something fun. 

We have a valentine craft on this blog from last January. www.patscollectibles.blogspot.com/2013/01/valentine-craft-fun-and-vintage.html  This year, we have another Valentine craft that can add  to your décor. 


I made the fabric flowers on the left--the tutorial for making them is   herewww.patscollectibles.blogspot.com/2014/01/fun-fabric-flowers_6.html.  I used 6 burlap squares
for the letters--this was the hardest part; getting them even and trimming the edges. 
 
 I decided to use paint and a roller.  I dropped the idea of the roller pretty quickly as I found it was just as easy to use a craft paint brush.  It seemed easier to control the brush.

 
Using fabric glue and bias tape, I glued on the flower, then spaced the letters leaving a gap between
"Be"  and "Mine" (obviously) and I placed some smaller rolled flowers there.

I glued the last flower on and tied knots on the ends to secure and make a loop for hanging.  The loop
isn't this long, I just snapped the photo before tying the knot.



 The smaller rolled flowers to separate and define.



 
And...she's finished.  I like the look and I hope you do, too.  Have a great weekend and we'll visit
next week.  Stay warm!!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to order anything I will contact you if you leave contact info. My comments are not published until I moderate them so I will not put your private info in the comment section.